These things just arrived in the post for me today to help get me through the Turkish winter. I feel like Christmas just came early.
1) A giant bar of Turkish Delight (this will last around 2 days max)
2) A family photo
3) A absolutely ridiculously tiny stove – thanks to Tim Moss at the next challenge for the recommendation!
4) Two tiny cooking pots
5) A pair of ski goggles – I’m not going skiing unfortunately, but reckon they’ll come in handy as it’s going to be REALLY cold when I head across Turkey later this month
6) A pair of long winter socks
7) A Tshirt I left in Macedonia – I now have 2 T-shirts. This is exciting!
8) A super Water to Go bottle that will let me drink from rivers, taps, puddles, pretty well anything apart from sea water.
9) A funky Garmin action camera that will show my speed, altitude (even my heartrate!) and my smiling, frozen face in future videos
10) A little repair kit for fixing some holes in my bags
and 11) and a rubber bracelet from the nice people at Gruhme (they make aftershave – I could probably do with some of that too to improve my overall smell!). They have asked for a photo wearing the bracelet from every continent in exchange for some food and drink money to keep me going. I’ll do (pretty well) anything for a free kebab and coffee!
I think this is pretty well the ultimate winter care package and my face is pretty well fixed like this at the moment 🙂
Thanks for the early Christmas everyone!
Will / SCM
The #7ContinentsWorldCycle (finally) resumes 20th December 2015 – Turkey to Tokyo