1 Year of Cycling around the World DONE

8 Comments

On May 31st 2015 I set off from London for a 5 year long, 100,000 kilometre bike ride that will take me across every continent on the planet.

Did I mention that I’m dressed up in a slightly ridiculous superhero costume (I’ve given myself the name of “SuperCyclingMan”) for the whole time?

I’m raising money for charity and visiting schools all over the world to hopefully inspire a few children along the way by talking about how “We can all be heroes”.

On May 31st 2016 I celebrated one year on the road. I made you this special birthday video while cycling across the Kazak desert.

Thank you for all your support this first year and for coming along with me on the adventure of a lifetime.

Stay super!

P.S If you would like to make a donation to help me towards my £100,000 charity fundraising total, you can donate here.

1. Paddy Thomas

June 13, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Awesome will. Can’t believe it’s been 1 year! just showed my three year old and she gave me that look when I told her what you were doing. Good miles today look forward to next update! Love to you and Dave.

• SuperCyclingMan

August 28, 2016 at 10:02 am

Thanks Paddy! I think I know what “that look” looks like! 🙂 Dave says hi.

2. Sue Torcy

June 15, 2016 at 10:05 am

Keep going Super Cycling Man, you are always so happy and positive , I admire what you are doing. What an achievement! I am following you on Facebook, hope the weather stays fine throughout your journey, happy cycling!! Happy first year.

• SuperCyclingMan

August 28, 2016 at 10:02 am

Thanks Sue! 🙂

3. Toby Mattinson

June 28, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Hi Mr Hodson,

I like your video. You have been cycling very well and I am very impressed.

We went to the school fete on Sunday. It was great!

We all miss you and hope you get back safely.

From Toby

• SuperCyclingMan

August 28, 2016 at 9:50 am

Hi Toby! Good to hear from you. If you are still at Brandlehow I will see you on September 7th as I am back in the UK for 2 weeks. Hope to see you soon. Mr Hodson / SuperCyclingMan

4. major

April 7, 2017 at 8:14 am

hey my crazy buddy,do you remember me,I’m Major!
    good luck and hope to meet you in Beijing soon,waiting you

• SuperCyclingMan

April 27, 2017 at 4:44 am

See you in Beijing later in the year Major! Have you got a sponsorship deal with your folding bike company yet? 😉